Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Extended forecast: disagreement

The Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument is next on my agenda. It's not on the way to anywhere, though. Two hours up a winding mountain road. That's a long way to drive just to look around. I'd like to camp nearby, if the weather is conducive. There's a hot spring, too.

I checked the forecast and here's what I got:

Accuweather

Weather Channel

National Weather Service

Nights in the 40s is totally doable, even pleasant. But in the 30s? No. Don't wanna do that, even if the difference is mostly psychological. Do I trust the two optimistic forecasts or go with the pessimistic one?

Fortunately (or unfortunately), there's the actual recorded weather from the past 24 hours:


Twenty-five degrees? How could the forecasts be so far off? Time to formulate a different plan.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't realize weather forecasts could contradict each other like that! Geesh! I typically use Weather Channel, so, probably will just stick with that. But, interesting. Oooh! A hot spring! NM sounds more appealing with every hot spring you mention! Please, if you don't mind, could you mention more if you come across more??! I'm hooked right now on the Bishop, CA Keough hot springs with 7 pools to choose from! So, I can typically choose what "social pool" I want to hang out in or find a lone one to myself. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to trade notes for when I pass through CA.

    ReplyDelete