Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Movie Flats, Alabama Hills, Lone Pine, California

Even though I had developed a bit of bronchitis, I crawled out of bed in order to get a photo of the rising sun lighting the peaks of the eastern slope of the Sierras.

Yesterday I rejoined Jo and Lou at the Alabama Hills Recreation Area. They had been there while I was at the coast. I had wondered how the place got its name. Thanks to Wikipedia, I now know. Click this link and you can, too. Of course, Movie Flats got its name from the cowboy movies that were shot there. Gotta have big rocks for the bad guys to hide behind.

The Sierras at midday, featuring Mt. Whitney

Unfortunately, there's no cell data signal. Cowboys didn't need no Internet. So I've driven to Lone Pine. Posts might be less frequent for a while.

5 comments:

  1. Hi !!
    Did your van acquired wings ? I mean U were in Carpinteria yesterday & today u're at Lone Pine !
    Enjoy & happy trails !

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many miles have you driven in the past few days?!!!

    ReplyDelete