Tuesday, May 26, 2015

It's a frame-up

After much measuring, remeasuring, cutting, gluing and screwing (not that kind of screwing, you perv) squaring and truing, the framing for the side walls of Lou's trailer extension is in place. It finally looks like progress is being made, even though there's a lot more to be done.

Right now, Lou is fine tuning the arched roof trusses that I cut from plywood yesterday. By "fine tuning" I mean "fixing my erratic jigsaw cuts." And by "erratic" I mean "bad." Hey, I had warned him the job was out on the fringes of my skill set. I'm much better at holding the other end of something unwieldy, or fetching tools. But as they say, if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing over.

4 comments:

  1. So, how much longer is his house going to be after he's thru with the changes ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also an end holder and tool fetcher although I have been known to make a few cuts in my time. I'm also experienced at measuring and marking. And painting the lower half of tall things--those that can be reached without a ladder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Al...for posting these pics of Lou's remodeling and 4-foot addition. I am in the process of building my own vardo. Saw the YT videos on Lou's that Jamie put up on his channel. It's what has propelled me at 66 to hit the road.
    I started reading your blog and enjoying it thorughly when I came upon the pics by accident... Thanks again. Tom

    ReplyDelete