Friday, May 22, 2015

More rain, less work

Even though there was about a half hour of sun earlier this afternoon, the wet weather system seems to have stagnated over the region. That's a problem when you want to work with wood and power tools. Outside.

And it means a lot of time in the Rolling Steel Tent. I invent errands for myself just to break up the monotony. I went to two different supermarkets just to get three items. And I took a wandering route there.

I'm not the kind of guy who gladly dons foul weather gear (if I had any) to go play in the rain. I'm a huge fan of low humidity, and this ain't it. Everything in the van feels damp. My towel won't dry. The air is thick.

However, between showers, the aromas of wet cedar, juniper and grass are delicious. But enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment