Friday, September 25, 2015

Lower Gray Canyon Recreation Area

A couple of years ago, back when I was new at this van dwelling thing, I stopped in Green River, Utah. Not knowing what was available in the area, I spent the night at one of the truck stops. At least a shower was handy.

Sometime later, full-time RVer and blogger "rvsue" posted that she had stayed at a nice spot on the river, just north of town. I made a note of it. Now I'm there.

Lower Gray Canyon has a boat ramp that gets used by rafters/kayakers/canoers, a beach (which is why locals call the place the Beach), and a campground.

My site, among cottonwoods, is about twenty feet from the river. There are some mild rapids there, so there's the constant sound of rushing water. It's a nice noise to zone out to. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

The headwaters of the Green River are in Wyoming's Wind River Range. After flowing past me, it joins the Colorado River south of Moab, Utah.

The Green (which is actually brown) meets the Colorado

2 comments:

  1. O M G, what a beautiful place !

    Enyoy...life is short & then....

    ReplyDelete
  2. RV Sue does find some good sites. As does Wheeling It.

    ReplyDelete