Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Waiting for the sack girl


I'm hangin' at Bolsa Chica State Beach. Great weather after a couple of chilly, windy days along the coast. And, as one would expect, the beach is nearly deserted on a workday in November.

That's the Long Beach skyline in the distance

It's rather serene. The noises from Coast Highway blend with the sound of the surf to form calming white noise. Occasionally a cyclist glides by, tires hissing on asphalt. The gulls are quiet.

The beach is more barren than the desert. But I feel more alive, more full by the ocean. The Southern California traffic and general chaos I have to pass through in order to get to the beach is totally worth it. Maybe there's some validity to the aquatic ape hypothesis. I know I'm more at home by the water than up in the trees. Too bad I can afford only to visit.

2 comments:

  1. I just checked the State Park website....$65.00 a night??!!!
    I'll just stay far away from California..
    Upriverdavid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I was just there for day use, which was still rather spendy. Gotta treat myself occasionally, though.

      Delete