Monday, December 21, 2015

Laundromat conversation

While folding my laundry, the white haired woman next to me, who looked like she could be the less dowdy sister of Granny in the Tweety & Sylvester cartoons, asked out of the blue, "Are you single?"

I was surprised. Was she hitting on me? But I managed to reply, "Uh, yes."

"I thought so, because of how well you fold your things."

"I've had decades of practice. I've been doing my own laundry since I was a teenager."

"My husband refuses to learn."

"I did the laundry even when I was married."

"That's unusual."

We returned to folding our respective laundry. That's when I noticed she (or possibly her laundry-phobic husband) likes lime green bikini panties. Maybe Tweety's Granny does, too. How would we know?

3 comments:

  1. That's freakin hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... maybe hubby does the clothes shopping since he does not do the laundry. If she'd leave his clothes in the hamper for a few weeks, I bet husband COULD learn, don't you? What some women let men get by with, eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete