Friday, December 18, 2015

¡Muy saboroso!

The fish tacos I had yesterday at this stand in Los Algodones were the best I've had in a long time. Fresh fish, lightly battered and fried to order. Excellent tortillas. Yummy sauce.

Though the invention if the fish taco (at least in its current format) is credited to Baja, the lady running the stand has roots in Nayarit, on the central Pacific coast of "mainland" Mexico. Nayarit is known for its seafood, so it stands to reason a nayarita would make a fine taco. I might need to make the border crossing a few more times while I'm in the area. Like, maybe for lunch today. And stay for dinner. And a late snack just before the crossing closes for the night.

2 comments:

  1. Ditto great minds think alike. I had mine at our annual Christmas party the day after snowed 6 to 8 inches of snow at 10 below! oh it was my job to shovel it for hours boy my muscles are tired.

    ReplyDelete