Saturday, December 19, 2015

Tamale time again

Jo, Lou, Denise, Dale and I went to the annual Somerton Tamale Festival. First time for the others, second time for me. There were over thirty vendors selling all kinds of tamales, from traditional beef, pork, chicken, and chili-cheese, to apple-pecan, pineapple, coconut and strawberry.



A lot of work went into the tens of thousands of tamales, all made by hand. Then there was the craziness of keeping the supply ready to eat and the orders flying out to customers.

I was stuffed after only three tamales, but the reigning tamale eating champ put down twelve in less than three minutes.

A 13-year-old thought he'd give it a try and did better than anyone expected

Still the champ

6 comments:

  1. I've worked my way up to Aug 2014 and just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying your blog! I don't know if you'd see comments on old posts, so I skipped ahead here. But I didn't peek. So now I return to 2014. Those flux capacitors come in handy at times... BradKW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I get notified whenever someone adds a comment to any post.

      Delete
  2. Is there a post where you discuss your photography equipment? I'd be interested in knowing more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm... tamales. Tamale Festival! Oh how I remember the tamales last year. I hope you had a bite for me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you. Hope things are at least sufficiently okay with you.

      Delete
    2. I'll take that :D Things are as sufficiently okay as can be right now and I'm okay with that! But I'd rather I was down there with you all instead of up here with just me...

      Delete