Sunday, January 31, 2016

Reorientation

Strong wind is making the Rolling Steel Tent rock back and forth. But I don't need to put up with it. I'm in the wide open desert, not in a campground spot or an RV park space, and I'm not in a trailer that would need to be hooked up to the tow vehicle. So I can easily fire up the van and turn it facing into the wind. It's not a perfect solution, but it's much better. And since it's really dark out, I can do it in my underwear. (Sorry for that mental image.)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeaaaa, turn it facing into the wind, but what if the wind direction changes ?? They call me party pooper, LOL.

      Delete
  2. I'm hearing the Chuck Berry "reelin' and rockin'" song in my head now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there; done that. Reoriented in the middle of the night to face the changing wind direction. Still rocking but not as much. 70mph broadside was worse.

    ReplyDelete