Monday, February 1, 2016

I'm covered

I bought my Mexican auto insurance today. Lou (an old pro at this Baja stuff, having once owned a place there) recommended Lewis and Lewis. I compared them with other brokers and their rates were, indeed, lower. And whereas some vendors offered only 6-month and 12-month policies, Lewis and Lewis offered shorter policies, too. I signed up for 90 days, because I might stay more than a month, or I might want to return later—like for my birthday in April. The policy goes into effect tomorrow at noon, so I can leave as soon as then or, given the 90 days, whenever I'm ready. Like Wednesday, maybe.

3 comments:

  1. Any particular destination(s) or particular adventures you're hoping to embark on?
    Safe travels!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Another insurance source that's had favorable reviews...

    https://www.vagabundos.com/mexinsur.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except you'd need to figure the Vagabundos membership fee into any price comparison.

      Delete