Sunday, March 20, 2016

Straight lines are overrated

Why, yes, I did just set up camp in Congress a couple of days ago, but things change. The heat at Craggy Wash finally chased Lou up to Sedona/Cottonwood, so I joined him there. I could've taken several routes, but I decided to drive the leg of Highway 89A from Prescott Valley, over the Black Hills Range and through Jerome. That was the only section of 89A I hadn't traveled before.

The road builders were nice enough to make a couple of spots where people can pull off the road and enjoy the view between the mountains, across the Verde Valley, all the way to the red and white escarpment at Sedona. With a slightly different angle I probably could've seen all the way to Humphrey's Peak in Flagstaff.

4 comments:

  1. Holly poopy, what a twisted road ! Just by looking at your picture I feel dizzy. How many miles have you driven to reach point B ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get to stroll the streets of Jerome? It's a great town. That was also the first bookstore to carry my book. A special place to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got there on a Sunday and it was packed with weekenders. No place to park.

      Delete
    2. Crowds, ugh. Maybe next time. I'm enjoying your blog.

      Delete