Thursday, March 2, 2017

Memory Lane

Jay Allen is a big deal in the world of motorcycle-related media and entertainment. He's also from Bisbee, Arizona. I would be passing through Bisbee, so I made a point of stopping by Erie Street in the Lowell neighborhood. Jay Allen bought most (if not all) of the street and turned the early-20th-century commercial buildings into his offices and workshops, storage for his collection of bikes and cars, and a sort of gearhead retro wonderland.

It's rather cool and all, but there was one vehicle I especially wanted to see because I had no idea such a thing existed until I saw it on Google Street View (see screen grab below). A Hudson pickup truck!?!?

Alas, it had been moved, replaced by something less unique. Oh well. I got some grub at the Bisbee Breakfast Club and hit the road west.

2 comments:

  1. How's your ride holding up? Bob-o got a spiffy new van, what say you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The RST is still chugging along just fine with 200k+ miles. No plans to replace it in the foreseeable future. Unless there's an accident or something.

      Delete