Tuesday, March 21, 2017

No green flash

Dramatic cloud shapes, but no dramatic color

I heard about the green flash when I moved to California forty years ago. The existence of the phenomenon had slipped from my mind until I was watching the sunset, hoping it would turn into something exceptional. The guy standing next to me volunteered, "I saw a green flash the other day."

"Wow. I never have. And with the cloud cover on the horizon, I won't be seeing one this evening."

(I also haven't seen the grunion run.)

So, for those of you who don't know what a green flash is, or who haven't seen one, here's a video of one. Thanks, Internet.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the green flash once from Mallory Square in Key West. Dave had my camera but he didn't even see the flash let alone get a picture of it. I happens so fast it is easy to miss it by blinking at the wrong moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, have never seen a green flash. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete