Friday, August 24, 2018

This porridge is too hot, this porridge is too cold

Labor Day weekend is coming, the unofficial end of summer and the official start of year six of my nomadic life. The map of my wandering territory reshapes itself again. I shift gears from only fleeing heat to also avoiding cold. The nights are dipping toward freezing in some of the upper latitudes and higher elevations, yet it’s still too hot in much of the West. So I keep cross-referencing Google Maps and long-range weather forecasts.

Speaking of weather, a brief thunderstorm blew through here today. I’ve been trying to remember the last time I experienced one. About a year ago? In Colorado? I think so. Flash boom!

4 comments:

  1. Do you loser your WiFi antenna in storms Al?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like lightning country also has strong enough cell signals without the big antenna, or even the booster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I bring it in when it rains because the back door would leak where the cable comes in.

      Delete