Sunday, January 20, 2019

Nuts to me

Back the first time I fixed the windshield washer on the Rolling Steel Tent I lost the nut that secured the passenger side wiper arm. I also lost the plastic cap that covers that nut. I think it was because I was pulling, wiggling and pounding that wiper, trying to remove it, which cause the nut and cap to flee to someplace safe, like the unreachable crevices of the engine compartment.

Since the wiper showed no interest in coming off, I didn’t worry much about the missing fastener. But I was in a hardware store today and decided to get a replacement nut. I considered the various options. Standard nut? Nylon insert lock nut? Or, oooooo, a chrome acorn nut? I got all three. But the acorn nut was the clear winner. I guess I should get another one for the other wiper.


No comments:

Post a Comment