Wednesday, July 24, 2019

The latest

About 3:00 Tuesday morning I woke to strong shivers that carried on for about an hour. 

When I finally dragged myself out of bed at 9:30 I was exceptionally weak and unsteady on my feet. I figured this was all from by dangerously low caloric intake the past few weeks.

Ceebs drove me to my radiation appointment and I had her procure a wheel chair. I was fairly certain I wasn’t going to be able to make the walk.

I saw the doctor (two doctors, actually) after treatment. My temperature was 106°.  They were certain I had some type of infection. The quickest way to get a battery of tests run was via the ER. So they and my chemo doctor called ahead to UCLA’s ER in Santa Monica (of which they had a higher opinion than the one in Westwood).

In the ER waiting room. Woo! Fun!

They drew about nine vials of blood, some urine, and a couple of mouth swabs, moved me to a private room to lessen exposure to infection.

They loaded me up with painkillers and antibiotics. Also Tylenol to lower my fever. I didn’t know it was good for that. My temperature was down to normal within a half hour. 

I slept well.

Good morning

This morning I feel better—sort of pre-fever & chills cancer patient me. I await test results. I hope I get a passing grade.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a really high fever! Must have been a real misery of an experience, not surprising you were not sure if you could walk very far. Glad you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete