Saturday, November 16, 2019

Burning questions

If I were to make a list of things I’m likely to find in a fire ring, I wouldn’t include sheet music. Yet there it was.

So I wonder what the story is. Sure, it’s paper, and paper is a good fire starter, but… Was it the paper they were most willing to burn? Was it the last paper they had? Had they already burned all their books? Had they already burned all their cash? Was it a sacrifice to the music gods? Were they music haters? I invite you to make up your own stories.

6 comments:

  1. The Illuminati spent the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One sheet? It blew into the fire. However, I see at least 3, so a critique of someone's playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first draft of a new arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sonata their "stage mother" made them practice hour after hour as a child

    ReplyDelete