Saturday, July 16, 2016

Who could have known?

As you may recall from previous posts, I can find my stuff in the dark, and that the Rolling Steel Tent and I are "camped" in the alley behind my friend's shop. This sets up my story.

Late last night my blood sugar got low, so I reached into a cupboard and got some crackers. As I munched, I thought, "If a psychic had told me five years ago (before I started thinking about van dwelling) that I would be sitting in a plain white van parked in an alley, at midnight, eating crackers, in the dark, in my underwear, I would have laughed at the ridiculousness of the prediction."

7 comments:

  1. Crackers for low blood sugar ? they are slow to digest, thus slow to get into your blood stream, thus slow to raise your blood sugar. The right thing is 6 ounces of juice ( orange preferable ) then 2 or 3 crackers + a piece of cheese to keep the blood sugar study for the long toll.
    Guess the lady with crystal ball was accurate !
    NO creo en brujas... pero que las hay, LAS HAY !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Algunas de las cosas que escribo no debe tomarse literalmente.

      Delete
    2. Any idea how messy/sticky trying to pour OJ would be in the middle of the night, in the dark? ;)

      I think a lot of us are (hopefully) enjoying the ridiculousness of many of our situations right now, particularly those that you never saw coming.

      Delete
    3. Pour? Pffft, I'd drink it from the bottle.

      Delete
  2. Crackers & cheese to keep blood sugar STEADY instead of study...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time, I got up and put nothing but my jeans on. I went to get myself a glass of water, but no glasses were clean, so I made do with a Mason jar. Then I went to the fridge, which was nearly bare. The best I could come up with was slathering mayo between two pieces of bread. And then all that hit me: I was barefoot and shirtless, eating a mayo sandwich, and drinking out of a Mason jar! The only things missing were the chewing tobacco and the dogs under the porch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cheap wines will get your brain scrambled, almost as bad as LSD !!!

      Delete