Friday, October 7, 2022

Short Wander, Day 3: New Place

Back in 2014 I had planned on visiting Carlsbad Caverns as I headed north from Big Bend. But a combination of things put me in a horrible mood and I didn’t stop. I figured it was time to come back. It’s actually the main purpose of this trip.

Also, in the meantime, the cameras on smartphones have become amazing. The NightSight mode on my Pixel 4a takes amazing photos in very low light situations. It practically sees in the dark. Here’s evidence.










3 comments:

  1. Phone cameras are totally amazing nowadays. Good photos!
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember back when they first started putting cameras on phones. Conventional wisdom said you'd end up with either a substandard camera or a substandard phone. Conventional wisdom has been wrong so many times.

      Delete
  2. Last January I had to get a new phone. I was in Blythe with Kristen on the way...desperate, in other words. I'm here tuh tell yuh, your 4a does as good, maybe even better, than my Pixel 6. Just fyi.

    ReplyDelete