Saturday, March 16, 2024

What is it?

If you have the correct answer you win… well, only the satisfaction of being right.

So, my stove connects to a bulk propane tank via a hose, naturally. But unlike my past stoves, this one is intended for use only with bulk tanks. And the hose connects to the stove via a somewhat permanent fitting.

That’s not an issue 99.9% of the time. But let’s say I haven’t paid much attention to my propane level and I run out at an inconvenient time. With my past stoves I could change to a hose with different connectors and use a small, easy-to-store green propane bottle until I could get the tank refilled. That’s not the case with this stove and this hose.

Fortunately, I’m not the only one in the propane user universe to have faced the same issue. There are enough of us for someone to manufacture the adapter pictured at the top of the story. Screw it into the end of the bulk tank hose, and presto! Not only is it a simple solution, it takes up way less space than an extra hose.

The only hitch is that I didn’t get the adapter until after I had given away the three propane bottles I had. Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. You know, don't you, the adapter enables you to refill the green bottles from the larger tank?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not this particular one. Refilling requires a female-female adapter. This is a male-female adapter.

      Delete
    2. Besides, if there any refilling to be done, I'd rather transfer the propane from the green bottles to the tank. Not cost effective, but a short term solution until proper filling.

      Delete