Friday, March 15, 2024

What’s that sound?

I woke up at about 2:45 to pee. When I got back in bed I heard a faint and irregular pit… tik……pit it……tak… pit…

What was it? Where was it? Should I worry? A mouse nibbling on a bit of plastic perhaps? I sniffed. No mouse odor.

I held still, listening. It seemed to be at the back, by the floor. I turned on a light, moved some things around and… I saw nothing.

Then the sound stopped. Then it started again. What was it?!?!

I spent about fifteen minutes trying to find the source of the sound. Then it was more rapid and louder.

Oh. It was rain. That’s cool.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing, isn't it, how loud it sounds? And when one hears it so seldom -- esp intermittent -- it's, at least at first, unrecognizable.

    Wind continues here. Cold too. Winter has returned. Jozien says they have snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my first RV in 1972 so you would think by now I would instantly recognize that noise, NOPE it is never recognized until I search for it,

    ReplyDelete