Friday, July 1, 2016

I wasn't having one of those good days

It started with rain.

Then the mosquitoes.

Then more rain, which at least sent the mosquitoes into hiding.

Then a nightmare that was so horrible I was asking others in the dream, "Is this real? Is this real?" And, when I awoke into reality, it took a while to convince myself that actual reality was real.

And then there was more rain.

And fog.

"I need to leave," I told myself. Not that I blamed the place I was camped (other than the mosquitoes, rain and fog). I just needed to be on the move, doing something other than staying out of the rain.

But there's rain all over the region. So I'm parked at a Safeway until my hotel room is available. Big splurge. Climate control and a hot shower. Happy July 4th weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Most people will want to know what the purpose of life on this planet was all about once they transition out of this realm. My first question will be: what the hell was the rationale behind mosquitoes and wasps?

    Enjoy your splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Southern Oregon has been having a long spell of absolutely glorious weather. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be in Colorado for a while longer. Monday I'll start helping a friend build some sheds. After that, I think it's time for me to head to the coast.

      Delete
    2. Good move the water temp is 71-75 and Nags Head and will keep getting warmer until mid-September.

      http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/nags-head-virginia---outer-banks_5236/

      Delete
    3. FYI: I'm in the forest around Clearwater OR. No rain but the mosquitos are fierce. Thanks for the head's up on CO. Maybe the coast is the way to go.

      Delete
    4. There are those anti-mosquitos bracelets that you can buy for 1.00 dollar at Wally-World you place one around your wrist & another on one ankle & the critters will leave U alone for few hours, it's worth trying, what do you say ?

      Delete
  3. Jeez skeeters ruin everything...I got bit tonight 6x just changing the water in my birdies bathtub....
    Those bracelets don't work..neither do those citronella candles...Just deet...I didn't want to put it on for 5 min outside this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your post. We have camped with the kids at least a couple of times a year since they were born. This spring break was the first time we took them backpacking (in Joshua Tree!) and it was so fun. It was the first time I didn't want to fall back asleep when I woke up in the middle of the night because the stars were so beautiful. We use a jet boil for cooking and always take corn tortillas to make tacos with whatever else we bring.

    ReplyDelete