Saturday, August 11, 2018

Yum

Back in my building-living days, my favorite breakfast item, second only to an onion bagel with herb cream cheese, was sourdough toast with peanut butter and cinnamon.

I thought I had invented something great. Why haven’t we all been eating this ever since peanut butter was invented? The world needed cinnamon peanut butter. I could market it (even though I knew nothing about the food business). But I had other work that needed to be done. Work at which I was experienced and competent. And then I had to rest from all that work. So Al’s Patented Gourmet Cinnamon Peanut Butter never became a thing.

Then a few weeks ago I discovered someone in the Jif product development department had had the same idea. And the infrastructure in place. And the ability to surprise and delight me. And make me feel a little like a failure. I could’uh been a contendah.

Here’s another idea someone could swipe develop: peach and ginger jam.

2 comments:

  1. Some great idea have to come into being one way or another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was explained to me this way; "ideas" are "floating" around us and some people act on them or don't. In some ways like tuning in an AM/FM station for example. Makes sense to me without getting all Marconi about it.


    ReplyDelete