Saturday, April 27, 2024

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

The previous snowfall had melted down to almost nothing but we knew a bigger storm was coming. It started sometime during Friday night and by the time I woke up Saturday morning there was a brand new coating about eight inches deep.


Although I have plenty of battery power, and I wasn’t running anything during the night, I was down to about half capacity because the battery was using power to heat itself.

That meant I needed to clear snow off the solar panels. That meant I needed to go outside. Sigh. Okay. Boots, coat, hat, gloves. Now, what do I use to clear the snow? The best I could come up with was my umbrella, still rolled up, of course. The shovel probably would have done too much scratching. It got the job done somewhat adequately even though I pulled snow down onto myself a few times.

It’s almost 10 AM and it has warmed up enough that clumps pf snow are beginning to fall off the trees, but there’s light snow falling and it might turn into heavier snow. But, hey, it’s an adventure, a story to tell.

4 comments:

  1. Timing is everything, we went through Flag Tuesday on our way back to Washington, clear and warm. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna have to add some kind of a plastic sweep with a long handle to your collection you only use once in a while, but when you need it, you need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. The snow was dense and heavy so it needed something rigid to move it. A long handled window squeegee might have done the trick. Or a snow plow.

      Delete