After it warmed up a little this morning I started emptying the Rolling Steel Tent so I could disassemble the bed and lower it. The stuff under the bed, the stuff in the semi-secret compartment under the mattress, things in the “hallway.”
Then it was time for Lou and his reciprocating saw. Cutting the legs was quick work.
When I put the frame back into the van I realized I hadn’t considered the wheel hump. Oh. Yeah. The bed just barely cleared it before. But now…
Time to improvise.
I worked out a suitable solution that didn’t involve taking a cutting torch to the wheel hump or beating it into submission with a sledge.
And now, voila, headroom! No more slouching. No more rubbing a bald(er) spot on the top of my head. Happiness.