Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Inverter reverter subverter diverter converter thing

As long as I have shore power here at Lou’s place I might as well exploit it as much as I can, thereby extending the careers of my batteries a little. 

My only major appliance not using shore power (other than the fridge) is my 12-Volt fan. Hmmmm… Is there a way…?

Why, yes there is. A 120V AC-to-12V DC transformer. As the packaging says:

Suit for car devices which its rated power less than this power adapter such like car vacuum cleaner, car air compressor, car fridge/warmer, car washer car fan, car air purifier, car mp3, car mug and so on.

You don’t get perfect English translations at this price. But the gizmo works. 

2 comments:

  1. Ac to DC unit in an RV is called a converter. Most of the RVs have those units.

    DC to AC is an inverter which you already know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good find!

    I got lucky without realizing it at the time. My 12v fan also runs off 110v or D size batteries. That means I could still use it now that I am off the road even if we have a power outage. Not much else would work in this all electric apartment but my fan would.

    ReplyDelete