Monday, August 9, 2021

So, it went like this

Before

I’ve been working on the guitar redesign project for almost a month. Fits and starts, changes of ideas, waiting for parts, doing a lot of sanding and painting and sanding, mistake correcting, more painting and sanding… And it’s finally looking like a guitar again. The wiring hasn’t been done, the frets need some attention, and I haven’t sprayed the clear coat yet. But I needed to assemble it at this stage so I could feel like I was getting something accomplished, and to know whether I might actually like how it was turning out.

So far

Yeah, I like it. Lou likes it too, even though our tastes aren’t always compatible.

4 comments:

  1. I know nothing about instruments but yours certainly looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. A P-90 in a humbucker-sized case from Guitar Fetish. It was one that Lou had sitting around.

      Delete