Friday, December 31, 2021

On the edge of the country

According to Google Maps my spot at Pilot Knob LTVA is 1.78 miles from the border with Mexico. There’s a well maintained dirt road used by the Border Patrol, Bureau of Land Management, and the Imperial Irrigation District. So I took a walk.


The All-American Canal kept me from going all the way to the border fence, but I got close enough to see there was a gate and that it was open.  I assume there were Border Patrol officers there.

The medical tourism mecca, Los Algodones, is just on the other side of the fence. Funny how most Americans assume Mexico is the desolate side of the border, but, in most cases, Mexican border towns are more developed and lush than the US side. I'll be going to Los Algodones again tomorrow before heading to Quartzsite. Medications and fish tacos.

Happy New Year, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the good pictures. I will probably never get over there to see it in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you hang out by another section of the border.

      Delete
  2. Yay, fish tacos!!! Have one for me.

    ReplyDelete