Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Papa Fernandez's

My original plan had been to spend some time at Puertecitos, but I changed my mind when I saw the place. Totally unappealing. So I continued south to Bahia San Luis Gonzaga.

There are two campgrounds there. Since Papa Fernandez's came first, I decided to check it out, maybe stay a couple of nights, and then move to Alfonsina's on the other side of the bay. It was only 100 pesos (about $6.00) a night. Good deal.

The camping area is over the ridge that forms Punto Willard (the shapely leg reaching into the Sea of Cortez). The road there is steep and very gnarly. You'd need to be bold/crazy to try it in an RV or towing anything. But the mighty Rolling Steel Tent got the job done.

There are eight palapas and four outhouses. There's a dune between the first group of palapas and the sea, so I went farther along to the ones with a view of the water. Nice, secluded, quiet.

Low tide

Low worries

2 comments: