Sunday, February 14, 2016

Back to making noise

Back in the autumn of 2014 the Rolling Steel Tent's audio system stopped working. I put up with the lack of driving music for a while, but I finally decided to do something about it. The simple thing would be a bad fuse. After struggling to get the badly designed and horribly located cover off the fuse panel (GM engineers probably never tried accessing the fuses themselves) I pulled out the fuse and... it was fine. I put it back and, presto, music. Yay!

The audio system stopped working again last month and I avoided wrestling with the fuse panel cover again. Then, when a boneheaded driver made a stupid move, I discovered the horn wasn't working either. Okay okay, time to fight bad engineering again. The audio fuse was fine. The horn fuse was fine. Once again, just removing and replacing the fuses solved the problem. I can rock out down the road and express my anger at bad drivers once more. Life is good. And loud.

2 comments:

  1. What happen to your blog site that sometimes it blocks some entries ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't aware this was happening. Beats me. I only see things from my end.

      Delete