Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Set to go

Passport? Check.

Renewed vehicle registration? Check.

Mexican auto insurance? Check.

Bank notified I'll be using my ATM card in Mexico? Check.

Phone plan modified for use in Mexico? Check.

Laundry done? Check.

Stocked up on supplies? Check.

Contraband consumed or stored elsewhere? Check.

I think all that's left is to go to the border, get my tourist card and continue down the road like the happy vagabond I am.

I've been to Mexico more than a dozen times before. It's not the scary unknown to me. I've driven in Mexico four times—once on a rented Harley. That's not scary either. What's different this time is the length of stay and taking my own vehicle/home. That means more preparation, more hoops. I think I have everything covered.

Since cell service isn't ubiquitous in Baja, I don't know how often I'll be able to get online. But I'll post reports as often as possible. Adios, amigos.

5 comments:

  1. Have a taco for me, preferably grilled shrimp, but I'm not really picky when it comes to tacos :D

    Adios! Hasta whenever, mi amigo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adios amigo, que tengas un buen viaje y disfrutes tu estadía en Mexico !

      Delete
  2. I second the grilled shrimp taco. Happy trails, Al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun!!!
    David

    ReplyDelete