Monday, March 14, 2016

Mega-breakfast

Two food related posts in as many days? Has this become a foodie blog or something? No. But a guy has to eat. In this case, it's a breakfast of potatoes, mushrooms, bacon, onions, eggs and cheese. I don't whip up something like this very often because it leaves me with a bunch of pans and dishes to wash.

I started by dicing half a potato and putting it on to parboil. While I was waiting for that to cook, I diced some bacon. Diced bacon, you ask? Yeah. I cut quarter-inch strips off the end of the package of pre-sliced bacon. I also diced part of an onion and some mushrooms. Dice dice, baby.

I have only one burner, so things need to be cooked sequentially. I drained the cooked spuds and put them aside. Then I fried the bacon, adding onions when the bacon started to brown.

When the bacon-onion combo was done, I removed it from the pan, leaving the bacon grease for frying the potatoes and mushrooms. One good thing about cooking outdoors is that I can do the shake-and-flip thing with the pan and, if some of the bits go flying off, I don't have a floor to clean. I leave it for the critters.

Then I added the bacon and onions back to the potatoes to reheat. I put this high-fat, high-carb, high-calorie, high-flavor wonderfulness on a plate and fried up a couple of eggs. I put the eggs on top of the rest and sprinkled some grated mozzarella over everything. Too bad I didn't have any of the salsa verde left.

That should hold me until tomorrow. And give me plenty of energy to wash the dishes.

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, looks DELICIOUS !!
    Don't panic, cooking pots are easy to clean, in many instances, U don't even need H2O or detergent...uHHHHH ?? how do you do it ?? 1) spray the cooking pans generously with white vinegar. 2) let the spray work for 2 - 3 minutes. 3) wipe the pots & pans with paper towels. If they still have some grime, repeat the procedure. THAT SIMPLE !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Washing dishes is easy (particularly with one-pan-and-a-fork meals). It's just that it falls into the category of chores, and is therefore evil.

      Delete
  2. LOL,LOL... yep, chores are not my favorites either !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been wiling to help eat that. But, not if it meant I had to wash dishes. So, this would likely be a once a year meal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up here in the wilds of Canada I only cook up a meal like that the day I am moving camp as every bear ten mile's downwind will come a running!

    ReplyDelete