Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Retreating

As I've written before, weather plays a large part in my travel decisions. The weather in the Sedona/Cottonwood area had been perfect the past week. Daytime temperatures in the 70s with high 40s at night. But a front was on the way that would bring a ten degree drop in temperatures. And possibly some rain. Boo-hoo, I didn't want to do that, even for only a day or two. Besides, my feet were starting to itch.

So after the Rolling Steel Tent was serviced I took off for lower elevations. I'm at Buckeye Hills Regional Park again. It's the fifth time since autumn. It's becoming a habit. Free, easy to get to, near stores, etc. I'm still trying to figure out where to go from here. (Ain't that one of Life's Big Questions?) Somewhere with good weather, of course.

6 comments:

  1. And... talking about big questions, is it possible to make a hight top van out of @ Chevrolet van like yours ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.
      http://www.fiberine.com/GVMR/Full_Size_Van_Tops.html

      Delete
    2. O M G, I didn't realize that those tops were made in California, sometime ago I got one installed on my Mitsubishi truck, back then I had no clue of where the manufacturer was !! Thank you Al for the information.

      Delete
  2. How about Alaska? And whatever happened to Chet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alaska is too far, still too cold, and too buggy when it's warm. Chet is in jail awaiting trial on his heroin smuggling charge.
      http://rollingsteeltent.blogspot.com/2016/02/chet-got-busted-at-border.html

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry your buddy got busted was he working with or for el amigo chapo ?

      Delete