Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanks

A group of van dwellers gathered here in Quartzsite, AZ, for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone provided something, just like the first Thanksgiving (so the story goes).

Gloria

Gretchen

Mark & Donna

Jeff

Judy

Dean

Linda

Lesa

"Swankie Wheels" and LaVonne (showing their matching missing teeth)

Sameer

Pedge

Karen

Delmont

Bob

Moi

Today I was thinking that the day isn't just about things we're thankful for, but also about doing what we can to provide others with things they will be thankful for.

7 comments:

  1. It's nice to have a reminder as to which names go with which faces. Thanks for doing this, Moi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LaVonne, you were meant to do this. Awesome friends you've made already with more friends and life-affirming experiences to come. So proud to know you, and grateful that mutual friends on Facebook brought us together.
    - Kat Sturtz, Rocking Your Path

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I look psychotic in that photo! Oh, well. I know, I was trying to not give my usual squinty-eyed smile where it looks like my eyes are closed, so I fought hard to keep my eyes open. Geesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you just look pleasant. We all hate photos of ourselves.

      Delete
  4. Friend sent me this link and it was delightful to remember such a special time last Thanksgiving with all these amazing people. Thank you for sharing your photos:) Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to remember so many nice people.

    Reminds me I've been so bsd about keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete