Saturday, March 23, 2019

A driving tip I keep forgetting

If you drive a van with no side windows in the back, and you’re driving along a parking lot row where you have the choice of spots on either the right or left, choose left.

It runs counter to our keep right training, but there’s a good reason for it. When it’s time to back out you’ll be able to see more of what’s behind you in the row. You can see only so much in your mirrors.

Anyway, it works for me. When I remember to do it.

Of course, better still, is parking so you can drive forward out of your parking space—even if it’s the wrong direction for that row.

2 comments:

  1. Not much different than the last pickup I had with a cab high shell. The little side windows looked out OVER most cars and you could not see them from inside the cab beyond the glimpse from the side mirrors. I have had several vans and several pickups and both styles needed a lot of extra care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call Barney, I got a backup camera but it looks a lot like the twilight
    Zone when I look at it.

    ReplyDelete