Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Bloomers

It’s time for the wildflower bloom in the Anza-Borrego desert (and elsewhere). The exceptionally wet winter means there should be an exceptionally abundant bloom. So even though it’s midweek, the desert equivalent of New England’s “leaf peepers” are out looking for blossoms.

That’s not what brings me here, though. First, it’s a change of location. That’s always important to me. Second, it’s a stopoff on the way to the coast. There’s a break in the chilly, rainy, beach-unfriendly weather they’ve been having most of the winter. Yay!

Oh, and third, it means some pie in Julian. I should organize a competition between all the small towns known for pie. Julian CA, Pie Town NM, and so on. I will be the only judge.

4 comments:

  1. Based on location, I find the flowers are in full bloom about the time the oak tree leaves are the size of squirrel ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find good pie in Julian? If so, where?

    ReplyDelete