Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Not out of my way

Some of the best bagels I’ve ever had outside New York are in a small shop in Surprise, Arizona: Hot Bagels & Deli. So whenever I’m in the greater Phoenix area I make a happy detour to W. Bell Road and Grand Avenue (US-60). In fact, there have been a couple of times I made excuses to go to Phoenix just so I could score properly made bagels.

One of their bagels is enough to hold me an entire day. However, I don’t go all that way to have just one. Sure, having two is like eating half a loaf of bread and a tub of cream cheese, but it’s not like I do it often. Though I certainly would love to. Hmmm, I just realized it’s Fat Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. I suppose it is not possible to save the second one for tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a fresh, still warm bagel. My mother would send me to buy a baker's dozen (13) when I was a kid. She understood that the paper bag would hold a true dozen by the time I walked the mile home. They are still good the next day, but not the same.

    ReplyDelete