Thursday, June 6, 2024

Another adjusted plan

It’s a good thing my plans are made of Silly Putty instead of stone, otherwise I’d be roasting in Santa Rosa instead of mellowing in Mendocino.

I wanted to end up in Mendocino eventually, and the most direct route from Point Reyes Station would be to continue up Highway 1. But it’s a narrow squiggly road and the Rolling Steel Tent is a cumbersome beast under those circumstances. It’s tiring. 

So my bright idea was to go inland to Santa Rosa, hang there a couple of days, then take US101 north a bit before cutting back over to the coast. So I followed the Russian River through forested valleys then dropped down into the Sonoma Plain where, yikes, it was 90-something degrees. Well, to hell with that hellishness. 

So, onward to Mendocino, another town where the air is cool and the streetdocking is easy. And the coastline is magnificent.



No comments:

Post a Comment