Monday, September 23, 2024

Change of course, of course

My work at Tom’s place is done, and since I was out of some essential supplies that would mean leaving Tom’s place, it was a good time to get back on the road. The weather has been nice, and I certainly haven’t needed to worry about being chased away by law enforcement, but after three weeks in one place I need a change of scenery.

So, where to? It’s still too hot to the south and west. It’s mighty warm in southeastern Utah. The Navajo Nation and Hopi are to the east where I can’t really camp. How about due north? I could go to the north rim of Grand Canyon before they close the highway for the winter on October 1. Then I could continue north into Grand Staircase-Escalante, Bryce Canyon, and so on until it got too cold. But what about hanging out along the Mogollon Rim? Payson to Show Low to Alpine? Still at elevation above the desert heat? Yeah, that sounds good, and it’s not as far. Just a pleasant drive through mostly wooded areas.

But as I read about a point of interest along the way there was a notice about a wildfire. Hmmmm… So I checked Inciweb to see what was up. Holy cow! Fires all across central Arizona. But central southern Utah was clear, and the forecast temperatures weren’t bad. So that’s the plan. At the moment. You know about me and plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment