Saturday, January 12, 2019

Doin’ the RTR again

The Rubber Tramp Rendezvous had been in full swing by the time I arrived a few days “late.” This is my sixth one. There’s a new location, and a new (and welcomed) (by me, anyway) level of staffing, organization and traffic control.

Rumors and guesses say there could be as many as 10,000 attendees this year. Alarmist curmudgeons insist it’ll be much more and that there will be mayhem, plague and mass death. Hourly. I haven’t talked to anyone who might have semi-official, semi-accurate numbers. Whatever the total, it was too much for some of my friends. They left before I got here.

Things were calm, though, as the sun rose and few people had crawled out into the new day. Or fired up their generators.

I won’t stay long. I wanted to come and see for myself so that when others tell their tales I’ll know what they’re talking about. And whether they know what they’re talking about. Some people are so full of it.

My view of some of the neighbors

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I went back when it was a relatively small gathering. I would not like this huge group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy other people's perspective when they are not working an "angle" ;if you will.

    ReplyDelete