Sunday, January 6, 2019

Fahrenheit 451

Personally, I’m not a fan of fires. It’s because of the smoke and lingering odor in my clothing. And probably because my mother once took me to her classroom that had been destroyed by fire, and because of a friend’s house that burned down.

But I don’t begrudge those who burn wood products for useful purposes, like heating and cooking. And thumbs up to those who turn waste paper and cardboard into paper bricks.

If you’re going to make your own paper bricks, you might as well do it with as little fuss as necessary. Easy is a good thing. So here’s a video demonstrating methods that are within reach of full time vehicle dwellers—unless you live in a damp climate where drying the bricks might be a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Standard procedure in India, only they use cow poo.
    I've tried this with found treasures in the grasslands out west.
    Works just like that guy's fires.

    Cheezies make excellent fire starters. Loads of oil suspended in a matrix of cornmeal.

    ReplyDelete