Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Accurate weather

I’ve been to Joshua Tree National Park enough times to know the place is uphill from the towns on its borders. So when trying to find out what the temperature is in the park (at about 5,000 feet), rather than in the town of Joshua Tree or in Twentynine Palms or Yucca Valley (at about 3,000 feet), you need to use a weather site that lets you enter coordinates, not just place names or zip codes. The National Weather Service site allows that. 

That’s how I learned that while the town of Joshua Tree will have daytime temps in the high 60s with nights in the mid 40s, the park will have days in the low-to-mid 50s and nights in the low 30s. Yeah, no. Too cold for me.

I need to give credit to my friend, Roxy, for making me curious about the forecast for JTNP. She was there last week and posted about it being cold and windy. Looks like it still is.

1 comment:

  1. Another way you can do that is to navigate on the map to the place you want forecasted and click there. That's helpful if you don't know the co-ordinates.....

    ReplyDelete