Monday, July 15, 2024

Back to the mainland

BC Ferries from Duke Point terminal in Nanaimo to Tsawwassen terminal south of Vancouver. Two levels of vehicles. Those under seven feet high on the upper level, everything else, including me, on the lower. Hot food available. No wifi. Very windy out on deck. A few fussy babies. A couple of bewildered seniors blocking the passageways. Multiple stern announcements on the PA about no running on the vessel. Traffic clogged on the road from the terminal.

Only two lanes open at the border so there was a wait. But no problems with the officer.

I was up at 5:30 even though I didn’t need to be at the ferry until 1:00. So I killed time hanging out in shopping center parking lots, moving from one to another after a couple of hours. Although I didn’t do anything all day but sit and wait I’m exhausted. I made it a whole 13 miles from the border then saw a sign for a Pilot travel center. Showers! I wanted a shower! That taken care of I looked for a place to crash — other than the Pilot parking lot. So I’m streetdocked in Ferndale, a strip mall on one side and a Masonic Lodge on the other. Enough for the day. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment