Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Washington apologizes

Overlooking Samish Bay from Dogfish Point on Chuckanut Drive


The weather was miserable the last time I was in northwestern Washington. Rain, fog, 2,000 percent humidity. Everything seemed gray and depressed. Including me. 

But this time the weather has been perfect. Sunny with temperatures in that Goldilocks just right zone. It’s like the state is trying to win me back, make it up to me, get me to stop saying bad things about it. It has been successful. So far. 

5 comments:

  1. Shhhhhh! Ix-nay on the nice part. Folks might find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sooner do I compliment the weather than it turns overcast. I guess it's a warning.

      Delete
  2. I lived in the Puget Sound region from 1st grade 'til I graduated from college. one thing for sure, when the weather is good there it is one of the best places on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're not real social, but you might consider seeing if there're any mushroom hunting groups on MEETUP or craigslist. The shrooms are plentiful and the boletas and chanterelles are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When living on Whidbey Island I use to ride my bike on a Chuckanut Drive.

    ReplyDelete