Saturday, July 20, 2024

Wet and dry

I spent $30 on a Washington Discover Pass because most of the places I’ve wanted to stop in the state require it. A single-day pass is $10, so the annual pass is worth it.

I’ve been hanging out at the day use area next to the campground at Worden State Park. The pass also gives me access to the showers, which are no additional cost. No coins or tokes or digital codes necessary. Just push the timer button. 

However, unlike truck stop showers I use time to time, I need to supply my own washcloth and towel. That’s fine, but it means I also need to dry the towel and washcloth. That’s quick and simple when I’m in the desert’s ultra-low humidity. The towel would almost dry while I was using it. But it’s a different matter here in the high-humidity Pacific Northwest. It could take all day. And maybe part of the next.

And so…

Magnets hold the towel to the steel bulkhead frame. The washcloth is draped on the steering wheel. Sunlight heats up the cab, aiding drying. It’s not a clothesline in the sun with a breeze, but it’ll do. I think.

8 comments:

  1. You do have a creative mind. Excellent solution!
    Linda Sand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the new fridge peeking out on the sta'b'd side? How *is* it doing? And what's with the pile of "sticks" next to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old fridge in a rebuilt insulated box. The sticks are a shovel, a walking stick from Haiti, an umbrella, and a collapsing trekking pole.

      Delete
    2. Ah...exotica. Can we see more of the walking stick? And perhaps hear of its provenance?

      Delete
    3. 12:20 a.m. Monday & no email. Not in spam, neither.

      Delete
  3. Love hearing your comments about Western Washington. I lived in Bellingham, Renton and Seattle in the 1970's off and on through the 1990's. Summer can be fun; winter, not so much! But it does have some beautiful views! (don34685@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete