Friday, August 30, 2024

Lost somewhere on the Lost Coast

How rough was the road out to the Lost Coast? Rough enough to shake a hubcap off. These decorative covers are held on by plastic caps that look like bolts, but unless they’re screwed on just right the threads get stripped and... bye-bye.

This is my second set of hubcaps. The first ones got so loose I resorted to gluing them on. But they had to be removed to rotate the tires. So I got a new set off eBay. I checked the listings last night and there’s a guy selling these individually instead of the usual set of four. I could get just one, or should I get all four while I'm at it? At any rate, I’ll need to wait until I’m somewhere I can receive a shipment. Or I could just remove all the hubcaps and go with the rugged utilitarian look.

4 comments:

  1. I vote for just getting one. Avoid the rugged look...it's indicative of homelessness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had hub caps on a trailer or vehicle for YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrome rims with baby moons would look good too, of course that would be just one more thing to keep clean. (Or fall off)

    ReplyDelete