Thursday, July 24, 2014

Poisoned myself. Twice.

I had severe gastrointestinal cramping and spent a lot of time on the toilet. I'll spare you further details.

I thought it was because I'd failed to notice the milk I'd put on my cereal had gone bad. So I threw away the rest of the milk, even though it smelled okay.

Two days later it happened again, and I hadn't had any milk.

I realized the culprit had to be something I'd eaten both days, and only on those days. Something I hadn't had before.

Ah-HA! It was the chocolate peanut clusters I'd gotten from a bulk bin at the grocery. They must have been contaminated with something. Won't be doing that again, even though they were mighty tasty.

2 comments:

  1. Update: In case you were worried, I haven't poisoned myself again. Life has returned to normal. Well, as "normal" as my life gets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad to read your update! I haven't been here in a few days and after reading this post, was wondering if you had succeeded in making it a third-time's-the charm kind of thing. Nice to know you didn't. Be well!

    ReplyDelete