Thursday, August 21, 2014

Ghost in the machine

It was still a bit chilly when I headed off to the hot spring this morning. I turned on the van's heater and was surprised by a low pitched vibration. It got worse, of course, when I turned up the fan speed.

Huh?

I turned the fan up and down, up and down. It still vibrated. So I turned it all the way down and drove on thinking about what a labor intensive job it would be to get access to the fan and fix the problem. I suspected something had slipped down an air duct and was rubbing the fan.

Ah! But since it happened after going to Bodie ghost town, maybe the fan was haunted. OooooOOOoooooo! That must be it.

Right.

Whatever it was, it stopped causing a problem. Now the fan acts normally. Maybe the ghost just wanted a ride and a good soak.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to the interwebs, I learned it's not hard to access the fan. I'm still glad I didn't need to do it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRtwF29WgfE

    ReplyDelete