Sunday, August 24, 2014

Whose campsite is it, part two

The cow in the previous post was just one of a herd of a hundred or so that spent the evening grazing around the Tub. That led to a damn-I-wish-I-had-my-camera-with-me moment.

I was alone in the Tub, watching evening settle on the mountains, sort of meditating, when one of the cows moseyed over to have a drink.

Well, howdy, ma'am. I remained still and observed.

Cows don't lap water like cats or dogs. They slurp. I learned that firsthand. From three feet away.

Having had her fill of warm human tea, she moved on.

Two other cows sidled up to the bar and drank. They slurped, too. I started wondering if the entire herd would be by for drinks. That could take a while. And leave me in an empty pool.

My ear itched. When I lifted my hand from the water the two cows spooked and ran off, thus ending my Attenborough moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment